Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FRONT CLIP DEBATE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MICHIGAN BLAZER, Jun 9, 2000.

1. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Okay, I'm not sure if i should be posting this message in this section....but here goes anyway. I found a '78 front clip in near perfect shape for cheap and i don't have my heart set on having it....yet. Still trying to figure out how everything is going to bolt together. but I was reading a few posts a while back & a few people mentioned a need for an '89-91 front clip. Now mind you, I can't say for sure whether I'm selling it yet or not....just want to get an idea of how much I can get out of it to compensate for my new "old" clip.

What I've got is two severely thrashed fenders....inners are good yet, but I may use those if i can get them to fit right w/new clip. A slightly abused hood. The Center grill is excellent, except no bowtie emblem, The passenger side of grill is in excellent shape as well, but the drivers side is missing about 2" top and bottom off of the top corner closest to fender. All the lights are in good shape w/the exception of the drivers side side marker....it's cracked.

Anyway, odds are, I figured I'd most likely find buyers for the lights & Grill portions here...but really like the idea of setting it out in the front yard and being done with the whole deal.....but around here there doesn't seem to be a big demand for this kinda stuff.....but like i said i'm not even sure if it's for sale yet......but if it were.....anytakers? best offer for anything. I'll post a pic of it later tonight.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Not really needing any parts, but I am sure there are alot of people on this board interested. If you are going to "package" a front clip, you should also sell your wiring harness with it. It would certainly help whoever is buying it - from my experiences. You will need a wiring harness from the 73-80 K5 anyway. You could also get this harness from a truck. Just thought I would offer you some advice. I may have the harness you need, let me know if you want it.

[​IMG]
    Mudzer 1978/91 K5

3. MICHIGAN BLAZER

ooooh, sorry....those are up for grabs too....forgot to list those. The clip I'm looking @ already has the harness' I need.....thanx anyway.....but I'll keep you in mind

87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

4. MICHIGAN BLAZER

Pictures....or um....picture

87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

5. BlazerBoy