Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Clip is off>>>>

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Burt4x4, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]
    I took it off myself, just used the tires to kinda rock it off back and forth then stood it up on end /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    It was perrty easy but I had welded my lower front fender support to my homemade rocksliders so I had to make a cut to get it too let go /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

yea, I saw that rock-slider and thought about how you did that...
    So whats going in? the big block... /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Ya...that slider is now PRIMED AND READY to take out a knee cap /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahah I hope not..ouch!hehehe
    Ya Tony BBC time /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

See, now that's how I started. Just pulled a couple body pieces off to get the new cam in , put on headers, etc.. Then it's "heck why not rebuild the trans since it's easy to get to" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. Then "let's just clean up the frame and firewall a bit" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif, then that leads to "let's just pull the body tub off too so we can get to the rest of the frame" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif . Three years later you can go driving again. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    Carry on /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Jeff

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahahaha no way man I gave myself until May to be back on the road /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifso I will TRY not to go therehahahahah

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Nice bro! I wanna see the same picture only with more cast iron sitting in there. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. proyouring71nova

proyouring71nova Registered Member

So how long did it take to remove the front end, cant wait to see that bbc in there,-max

9. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Going tube front? /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif seems to be an epidemic around here lately. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

No I will just put it back the way it was but a bit cleaner and a tadd bit more POWER MPFI454 YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAABBC!!!

To get the clip off was less than an hour, well the day before I had removed the rad & batts and misc. stuff so I would say the whole clip could be removed in less than 2hrs. It was very simple. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

You Got It /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

12. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Looking good. Great time to do some cleanup like you said.

BTW, I'm gonna do my best to have my 454 running and truck back together before you /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif My 69 K20 went to the body shop Sunday and is supposed to be home by March 8.

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Oh Ya? The race is on buddy! hehehe Sure wish we were closer so we could rumble down the same streets/trails!
    I'm gonna copy you on the vavle covers OK? I love the way they look /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    I have to go look but what headers did you pick out?
    /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Those valve covers are cool. The headers I am using are Dynomax Cermacoated headers designed for the 67-87 BBC 2WD.