Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front cv hitting cross member

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85mudbogger, Mar 23, 2007.

1. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

my front cv is hitting the crossmember after i put in my new used 208 t case, is this from bushing being worn out or can i just put some washers in there between the adapter plate and the x mem to raise the t case up a little, i currently have the cross member dropped about an inch already with the spacers moved down inbetween the frame and x mem and it helped a little but i still need more.

2. tpi_boy

tpi_boy Registered Member

This happened to me when I installed the crossmember backwards. It looks symetrical but it's not.
    hth

3. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

hmmmm i might have to check this out

4. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

lowering the crossmember makes the angle on the CV worse. check that the crossmember is not in backwards first. if its correct try taking the spacers out.

5. lak2004

lak2004 1/2 ton status

I have a spacer from Superlift you could buy off me. Spaces it out so it doesnt hit anymore, I am doing dif driveshafts and a custom crossmember soon so I dont really need it anymore. Just let me know. It was installed just never actually driven with it in there, put it in and took it right back out cuz I couldnt get one of the bolts in and got pissed.