Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front D60 swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8_YOUR_H2, May 31, 2000.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I am thinking about getting a D60 for the front of my 85 Blaz. Will the D60 bolt right up or are there mods that need to be made. The steering arm looks different to me but I have never seen one up close.
    Thanks
    Brent
    P.S. I have looked in old posts and did not get the answer I was looking for...just to get that out of the way 1st thing.

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Good choice!! You are keeping the piece of crap, worthless 10 bolt rear end, aren't you?? Just kidding!! Anyways, yes the 60 is a DIRECT bolt in...I've done it to two of my rigs, one '77 Sub and a '90 Sub. Make sure you get the top spring plates that the ubolts pass thru, as they are different than what you currently have. Also, the steering arm is different than what you have, but usually steering arms come with the axle you purchase. The drag link and pitman arm are the same for both Dana 60 and 1/2 ton stuff.

ken

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, Im keeping the 10 bolt!! Maby ill use it as an ancor. I have a 14ff now getting ready to install. I plan on switching the K5 emblems with K30 emblems..have a true K30 blazer...