Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front d60 trackloc

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eeyore, Oct 8, 2005.

1. eeyore

eeyore Registered Member

any opinions on if a trackloc is any good?are they worth keeping?should i pass on it and get a locker

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Depends on what you want to do I guess. I thought about getting a LS up front .. figured it might be easier, and all. But, with everyone going on and on about how much better a locker is, especially with one in the rear too .. I figured I'd join the club. :D So, I bought a DL for the 60. But, my sole purpose for the K5 was to wheel it.. so it only makes sense to make it more "wheelable". ;)

If you keep a sharp eye out, you can find a good price on a DL. I got the one for my 60 on ebay, new, with the lower carrier, for 440.00 shipped. One turns up in the for sale forum from time to time.... or you can ask in the Wanted forum too.

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

IMO, they're not effective enough offroad to warrant the expense of installation. A Powr-Lock on the other hand..... :D

4. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I agree with all said up above - they are not that effective when you really need them . They are a nice addition to a slick mud only truck but not much for trail use .
    I took the T/L out of my Blazer and replaced it with a P/L .
    Tom