Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front D60 Wheel bearing question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by smartpatrol, Mar 12, 2002.

1. smartpatrol

smartpatrol Registered Member

I am considering buying a dodge D60 front end. Its my understanding that Dodge used pressed in wheel bearings in some years of there version of the D60 front end. Does anyone know what years they used that setup? I would like to avoid the the pressed in setup. Also how hard is is to convert a GM D60 dually front end to a normal length D60? and roughly what does it cost for hubs etc.. Thanks again.

2. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

As for converting the dually to single, very simple. I'm having mine done right now. Machining off the outer wheel mounting flange, turning the hub enough to fit wheels over and truing the flange which was bolted to the caliper, boring the threaded holes to accept the press in lugs. Costing me $30 per hub.

3. smartpatrol

smartpatrol Registered Member

I thought the problem was the hubs were to far out from the side. Because of the dually wheel being convex rather than concave like a normal wheel do you plan to use offsets?