Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front D60 & zero rates ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by backyardbuilt, Jul 12, 2003.

1. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Front D60 & zero rates ?\'s

On the side with the studs/bolts do you just use longer ones will that work is it safe. How did you do it for people that have done it. I did not even think about this now my d60 is sitting under the truck with no way to hold it there. PLEASE HELP?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Re: Front D60 & zero rates ?\'s

I built my own thinner (don't want the lift) "z-rates" to offset my axle 2". I used threaded alloy studs. Strongest thing I could find, higher ratings than G8. You also have to do that for lift springs since the packs are usually quite a bit thicker.

3. eldon519

eldon519 1/2 ton status

You can get the U-bolt kit from ORD. I got it and it includes longer U-bolts and some grade 8 bolts. I'm sure you could just get the grade 8 bolts and u-bolts locally.

4. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

I have the setup you are talking about. When I built up my 60 I wanted EVERYTHING to be brand new so I got the Superlift u-bolt/stud kit for $35. It comes with the u-bolts, studs, wahsers and lock nuts. The studs were long enough with the zero rates and I have a 5 leaf spring pack. There is probably 1/4-1/2" of threads on top of the lock nuts on the studs. Just call 4 Wheel Parts (yes I dont like them either) and order it. It only takes them a day to get and it's only $35. The part number is SUP 3418. Hope this helps. Later
    -fLeXy K20

5. backyardbuilt

Sounds like what I need in a simple kit. Do you or can you get a pic of it. Thanks ryan

6. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

Yeah I might be able to take a pic but it looks just the same as any other U-bolts and studs. Later
    -fLeXy K20

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I second the info you gave out here!!! I just got my Superlift u-bolt kit #3418 in earlier this past week from 90blzr for $38. The studs and u-bolts are the main reason I got these from Superlift because I knew they were longer than any other manufacturer out there yet. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. backyardbuilt

Don't worry about the pic if there is anyone on here I would rely on there info it would be thatk30guy so if he backs you up good enough for me. Thanks I'll order it today.