Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front Dana 60 manual hubs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blacksmith, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Blacksmith

Blacksmith Registered Member

Hello,
    i´m from germany and i recently purchased a 1979 chevrolet k5 with an open 10 and 12 bolt, 3.08 geared, 33 general tires, NP 203 TC, TH350, 350cui engine and a military M1009 blazer body sticking on the frame.
    The stock axles are worn. Bearings, king pin, seals and so on.
    I got an offer from a military surplus dealer for two 14bolt ff rear and two dana 60 front (4.56geared) ends for about 400§

These axles come all incomplete. But i checked i can make out of these axles one complete rear and front unit (the rest are spare parts) with the exception of the missing manual locking hubs on the front dana´s.
    There are only the disc brakes mounted and the splined axle schaft is prodruding at the center of the disc.

My question is now:
    When i buy Warn 1 ton manual hub´s, to complete the dana 60, will i get all the missing parts or is something else missing ???

the one dana is a few yaers old but was never used. Zero miles !

2. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

is everything from the bearing out missing from teh hub? New hubs should come with everything you need except maybe the lockrings

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> So long as you have the hubs that the rotors are pressed on to (the wheel bearings are in the hubs, then the rotor presses onto the hub with the wheel studs), then the hublock kit from warn should include everything else that you need. </font color>

4. Blacksmith

Blacksmith Registered Member

Yes, everyrthing from the bearing out is missing. The disc with bearings is on plance and from this point everything is missing