Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Dana 60 Powertrax No-Slip on 38's with a lot of torque - Opinions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BorregoK5, Apr 8, 2003.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Front Dana 60 Powertrax No-Slip on 38\'s with a lot of torque - Opinions?

I might have a line on Powertrax No-Slip for my front Dana 60 but I can't say I've ever seen one in the field. I did a search but most of the opinions revolved around running one in the rear (which I'm running a detroit in and love it!). I'm a little shy of a limited slip since most of the ones I have seen on the trail were more "limited because of slip" and rarely reduced spin enough to make a difference. What I'm looking for is a few opinions from people running this unit in their front Dana60 with larger tires and a healthy engine. I daily drive mine so opinions there are welcome as well (even if your running smaller tires) So give it to me, the good the bad and the downright ugly...

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Re: Front Dana 60 Powertrax No-Slip on 38\'s with a lot of torque - Opinions?

If ya want ugly, I can easily send you a pic of me, but then again you've already seen me in person so you know the true meaning of the word "ugly" /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually I'm looking at locker options myself for my 60. Real eager to see what people have to say..

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Re: Front Dana 60 Powertrax No-Slip on 38\'s with a lot of torque - Opinions?

Whatever! If your ugly then you wear it well! Geez! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

The more I look at the Powertrax, the more I like it. I was expecting to replace the whole carrier but I like the ease of install much like my Detroit was in my 14 bolt. It looks like the only pitfall with this unit is with a full time 4 wheel drive truck which is regularly driven on pavement. My 203 is part time and I have manual hubs so that doesn't really apply. I'm leaning toward picking this up and saving my spiders from the mig!