Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front Dana 60

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by makovai, Dec 1, 2006.

1. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

I searched and cant really find what i'm looking for.

What years, models, styles, etc... of rigs came stock with a dana 60 front leafspring perches?

I'm gonna start watching for the guys that have the old rig out in a grassy field that want removed and will sell for a few hundred bills.

2. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

K30s and V3500s for GM.

3. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

all years?

4. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

78-79 F250 and F350, but you'll have to swap transfer cases to use one of these axles. its well worth it being a HP axle though.

6. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

7. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

i was talking to a guy about the ford HP60's, and he suggested taking it in to a machine shop (for those who don't have welding skills) and having them press out the axel tubes on either side of the pumpkin and switching which side the axel tubes were on. would this work? or does the side of the ring gear depend on drivers/passenger drop and therefore it would rotate the ring gear backward? i can't seem to picture it in my head to figure it out. also, is this a cost effective alternative to getting a drivers drop tcase?

8. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

no.

9. blazersnburban

blazersnburban Registered Member

thats what i do

thats what i do! , i try and buy a $500 or down 4x4 at least once a month. i have a small fleet. about ...oh at least every 3 trucks, i have enuff good parts and money to buy new door seals w/window seals also and front end rebuild and any gaskets or seals leaking and put a paint job on and herculine the tub, sand out the top out smooth and paint it body color, tint it out and put a grand in stereo and maybe $12-1500 in tires and rims. and SELL IT!!!!!

chevys have one heck of a resale value when they are in good shape!

l'm lucky, they will allow you to borrow 85% of what the book says the truck is worth, no matter the shape, i like it when i find newer model wrecks that i can get for $3000-3500 and the book says its worth $15-18,000.

borrow the full amount, spend the money to put the truck back in better than average shape with a mild motor, stereo, and lift, and a good bodyjob and paint(custom)....when its wrecked in the oooosay front right, i buy both side spindels and whatever else needs to be replaced and put new sheet metal

use aftermarket stuff like cowl induction hood and all the trick parts, that i can get cheaper off of ebay than the gm part would have cost me. 2wd gets hotrodded & lowered alitlle, 4wd lifted and hotrodded a little, i borrow, oh say, $9500 sell it for $17,500 cause its tricked out and the stock one is @ $15,000.

just like the 3 $500 trucks turn itnto 1 worth $7500, when i have $3-4000 in it. pocket the difference, never turning back!!

10. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you go a little farther than i plan to, but the idea is the same.
    I'm starting to do this with eldorado/seville rear disc brakes. I now have 3 sets and am picking up another tommorow. $10 per caliper + $10 for a rebuild kit, for $40 total brings about $150 on ebay.