Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Diff Question Hubs\Lockouts Differences from fulltime to part time

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Oct 26, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

i have a dana 44 front diff in my 73 blazer it has the 203 so it was converted to part time instead of full time... the discs up front I think are different then the ones from factory and it has manual lockouts on it..

my problem is im getting the clicking noise when the hubs are engaged if it turns out that i need something for the inside what years should I be looking at to replace the insides or are all the years the same with the exception of the hubs. its been a while

im going to go outside and start tearing them apart with the good old screw driver since im to cheap to get a tool

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  2. crazyhole812

crazyhole812 1/2 ton status

look on top of the axle by the diff call those numbers to a dealer and they could tell you

3. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

this is my concern with that.. i think that the po took the disc hub assembly off another truck and put it on the same diff that came factory i converted my old truck (which i miss very much) from 6 lug to 8 but that was a while back and i forget whats involved im sure i could figure it out but the question still remains is inside of the hub after you take the hub locker off the same in all other 4wd with part time with a dana 44 or are they different because if it is different im going to have to figure out what year the disk\hub came off of so i can get the right parts and if they are the same i could order the parts i need from a later year with a 205 tranfer case... maybe they are loose and all i have to do is tighten them i dont know any help or input would be apreciated im going to pull them apart now and see if i can see whats wrong