Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front disc brakes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Dec 23, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

How do I find out what year brakes to get for my front end the stock parts arent right? I think its because it was converted.

Its a dana 44 on a 73 converted to part time.

should I just look for ones from a truck that had part time to begin with like a 77 or something?

just want to confirm.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

73 would be stock disk. and all basicly the same .

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Umm, the part-time/full-time is only decided by the locking hubs (or in the case of full-time, 'slugs', which are locked all the time :) )

The rotors, pads, calipers, etc, are all identical. As long as it's a Chevy Dana 44, the parts for a '73 should be the same as a '77, up until the 10-bolt -- which uses identical or similar parts.

What did you get, including part numbers?

-- A

4. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I dont have a part number it was from autozone when i first bought the truck like 7 or 8 months ago the part where the hub goes together was really short i was assuming that this was because of the fulltime and it required less inside the hub assembly.( they could have just gave me ones for a 2 wheel drive blazer who knows with them)

This was a while ago and i have taken them back but i was just wondering if they screwed up or they were different.

I will be going somewhere else when I get them but I didnt want to have to order them and then find out that they were the wrong ones.

I will check with my napa and other good parts stores.

Another reason is I dont know what was all changed on this truck from the PO.

for example he said that it had dana 60's in it but was only 6 lug and marked 44 on the front but he was convinced that it was a 60. got him to come down like 500 bucks so it wasnt a bad deal for 2g