Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Disk Brakes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by msb350, Feb 23, 2005.

1. msb350

msb350 Registered Member

Hi guys. A couple of days back I posted on how my manual hubs were over heating . From that time I replaced all the wheel bearings and races and replaced a couple of hub parts. I lubed it with high temp grease and set everything to spec. Everything spins smoothly now. However my front hubs seem to be getting too hot again. I know for sure it is not the hub itself but a lot of heat transfer from the rotors. Just to be safe I tore down my hubs again to make sure nothing was too tight, and it wasnt. I took it for a ride on the highway and got some good speed. Once I got off I pulled into a gas station and checked them. They were cool. The next day when I took it to school, not taking the highway, I noticed they were pretty hot when I arrived. When I got home I pullled the rear wheels and adjusted the drums feeling that maybe I had all my stopping power on the front disks. I took it for a ride through town after the adjustment and the braking was a lot better, and the hubs were just warm, which is how I think they should be. Today when I arrived at school they still got to hot but a little better after the drum adjustment. I have no idea what to do now other than adjust the drums more and see if my master cylinder is sticking. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Matt

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

How old are the front flex hoses?

3. low 84

low 84 Registered Member

how hot are we talking about? brakes work because or friction and friction produces heat. no mater what you do the rotors are going to get hot while breaking. its physics

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status