Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front drive shaft length

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by crazydave72k5, May 17, 2002.

1. crazydave72k5

crazydave72k5 Registered Member

can someone tell me what the stock front drive shaft is?my blazer has about 6-8" lift and a new shaft.im lowering it to 2.5" lift the previous job was kind of a hack job(rearched front springs 3/4 ton rear springs & 4" blocks)im afraid ill have to cut the shaft down.

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i have an extra stock drive shaft out of a 72.if you want to buy it make me an offer and ill find out how much it would be to ship it.if you just want the measurements the long part is 16.25 inches from the end to the middle of the joint.the short part is 6.5 inches from the joint to where it gets smaller then it looks like it goes in about 4 inches into the long piece. hope this helps.

3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I think that the best thing to do would be to get your lift situated, then measure for both front and rear shafts. It would be better to be just a little on the short side than long. You don't want a driveshaft bottoming out and breaking something.