Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front drive shaft M1008 np205

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 4xfreak, Jan 12, 2003.

1. 4xfreak

4xfreak Registered Member

I recently installed my np205 and everything went well except for the fact that my old front drive shaft that I used with the 208 t case does not work with the 205. It over shoots the front axle yolk by about 4" at full compression /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I thought it would be simpler than that but I guess not. So I need a front drive shaft that will fit a np205 equipped one ton truck w/ d60 front end. The weird part about it is the old drive shaft has a half ton u joint on the pinion end. Any help is appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

you can just have yours shortened or do it your self thats what i did i just cut the weld loose on the front spline shaft and then cut the tube down to what you need and just weld it back in and my front driveshaft had the 1/2 ton u joint it hooked rite up to my 60

3. 4xfreak

4xfreak Registered Member

Looks like I will have to get it shortened. But I kinda want to find one for when I lift my truck in case it is too short then.