Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front drive shaft worn?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MUD JUNKIE, Oct 19, 2002.

1. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

my front drive shaft is worn were the two slide together,the splines are way worn and have alot of movement,or "play" can this be rebuilt? I also have a front driveshaft off the same truck but a 3/4 ton and its the cv front shaft type,it uses a different bolt type to attach to the yoke on the output yoke on the t-case,could I just use thru bolts (grade 5) to bolt it on the yoke? or do I have to buy another yoke for the output yoke on the t-case? help im lost??? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

When I did my suspension lift, I had to have new drive shafts made. I think your best (safest) thing to do is that.

3. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

well if i was you, id use the driveshaft you already got, as long as its not wern down, and id probly use grade 8 bolts, grade 5 would probly work, i think those are the ones holding my front drive shaft on the yoke of the t-case. good luck and happy trails.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif