Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front driveline (57's)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Apr 26, 2005.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Those w/ 52's, 57's, or 56's what are you doing about your front drivelines to prevent the splines from being pulled out. I believe my rear is alright for now but I would like more slip in it also. I know the square shaft is one option. Can you do the same thing w/ tube or is thier none that HD. What about just extending the spline part on a driveline. Is this possible?

2. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Honestly, you can get any size tube your heart desires. Someone mentioned trying to use the splined portion of a 2 piece rear shaft because it is like 8-9" long, that is the route I am going to go. I am trying to avoid the square shaft route but if I have to I'll use one.

3. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

probably not.. I have been wondering what to do too... my shocks currently limit my travel with 1" b4 my shaft pulls apart..
    the only problem for me with the woods shaft is the PRICE!!!!!

5. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I saw that shaft I just would rather throw a new set of 38" tsl's and a square shaft in there before I do that. But I may have to seriously look into a shaft like that.