Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Driveshaft ball seat kit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Nov 24, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I need a ball seat kit for my front driveshaft, it is the first design driveshaft that has all ujoints. I cant seem to find it for a 73 but i can for a 77 with the second design driveshaft... (im looking in the lmc truck book) are they the same? or does any one know offhand where I can get one havent tried the parts store yet cause they are all closed but it is bugging me... if it isnt in the lmc truck book why would parts stores have them?

thanks in advance for the help its starting to snow and get pretty cold so i would like to get this taken car of soon :D o yeah and its for my 73 blazer

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

most any drive line shop will have one for ya. i have a cookbrothers big truck parts store in my area that does drive lines. thay carry them. also comon problem is the yoke unit that the ball rides on goes bad. look yours over good.

3. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

:D 25 bucks at most drive shaft stores :wink1:

4. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

i dont know many places around the area for that looking for some place online to order from

need the centering yoke and ball seat kit but dont know where to find it online

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

No offense, but if you rlocal parts counter has brake pads, they should be able to supply some driveline parts :rolleyes: Sometimes you have wrestle the catalog away from the moron behind the counter and look for yourself. ;)

Neapco brand is widely stocked.
    7-0081 for the CV repair kit
    7-0082 for the centering yoke assy (aka flange)
    N2-26-367 for the 'H' yoke

BTW: The pre-77 version is a 1310-series Spicer unit. The later one is a Saginaw. Parts are different.

6. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

yeah i hear you when talking to the parts people. Ill try tommorow and see what i can dig up. if any one has a first design front driveshaft let me know so i can take it off your hands its always nice to have a spare