Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front driveshaft spacers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BillyBob, Jul 16, 2002.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Well, my front D44 is bolted in... but, the driveshaft is just too short /forums/images/icons/mad.gif . Even after I dropped the T-case, it was still less than 1/8" too short. I know superlift made a spacer that pushed out the front flange of the t-case. I dunno what application this was for, but I have an NP208. Anyone know where I can get this spacer?

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

superlift makes a 1" spacer that im actually about to order...im getting mine from national tire and wheel it should cost around 50 to 55 bucks...

Later

3. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

I looked on NT&W's website.. but found nothing. I tried summit too, nothing. Any other places I can go? I wanna have this spacer by next week so I can test my truck out.

4. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i would try calling some of them as some stuff is special order and may not be on the website to begin with.also try 4 wheel parts wholesalers.they have had a few parts no one had when i looked at their ad in petersons

5. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

I got mine from 4 wheel parts wholesalers.

6. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Make one /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I made mine out of steel,I think the ones ya buy are aluminum.

7. carolina custom

carolina custom 1/2 ton status

Naha, the superlift spacer is steel and only $55. That is had to do your self /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

4WPW part number 04310 $52.95. I made my own and unless you have a lathe it is kinda tuff to make one. Most machine shops will charge 1-1 1/2 hours to make one, my $.02= jsut buy the spacer /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Also lowering the T-case will slightly raise the front output but lower the rear so it doesn't help the front driveline at all (or so I'm told) /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

9. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Actually, dropping the case got the D shaft closer to the flange. I was surprised.. but it's still just a little short.. spacer time it is! thanks for the part #

10. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

yeah i was gonna tell you its not on the website...you gotta call them...i would check with NT&W since theyre right in W. VA shipping would be pretty cheap.

Later