Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front driveshaft?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by trollporter, Aug 16, 2005.

1. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Do all front d-shafts from pre 87 trucks and pre 91 Blazer/Sub have the same bolt pattern on the transfer output. I've got a line on a couple of spare shafts that I can get but I'm not sure what years or what transfer they came from.

Any help would be great!

troy :thinking:

2. mrhoes

mrhoes 1/2 ton status

I am pretty sure that all front drive shafts from NP208s and 241s have the same flange pattern, please someone correct me if im wrong.

3. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

What about the 205 and 203?

troy

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

There are two types of double cardan joints that were used at the t-case. One uses a flanged output on the t-case, and the other uses a yoke. I believe one is a Saginaw, and the other is Spicer. Not sure of the years or which is which although I am pretty sure that the older 205s I have use the yoke which would probably be Spicer. I think the flange style is newer.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm surprised no one has posted up with all of them, but oh well.

Don't know specifics, but yes, after X year, the 205 was flange, previous was yoke. Was it '80 to go along with the rear slip yoke introduction?

Never owned a 203, friend says that they are all flanges, at least the shafts he has. 208/241 are all flanged too as far as I know.

I was also told that the bolt pattern is the same for the 203 and 205 flanged shafts, but none of the 203 ones available to me are/were the right length, so I didn't test fit them. No idea if the 208/241 flanges are different.