Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front dropped spring hanger anyone??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 6335, Aug 17, 2003.

1. 6335

6335 Registered Member

Anyone know of a dropped front spring hanger about 2" or so to achieve more lift? My situation is that I need more lift in my 69 to make room for 40" boggers. I want to run a 6" spring up front to keep my ride decent but I need about 11" of lift. I think 6" spring , 2" body, 1" zero rate, 2" drop front spring hanger and 1.5" shackle to get close to the 11".The major reason for not using a 8" spring is because of the ride, anyone have any suggestions or comments to help me they would be appriciated. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I have been going to do that for a while now on my '72. I was doing mine to not only add lift, but to make it stronger and to tip the pinion up a few degrees. I have seen it done, both chevy and ford. I dont know about you but mine were going to be totally beefy, and braced heavily, unlike now from the factory. Turning the 42's its a little weak. The only downside is caster will be affected. Oh the link didnt work.

4. 6335

6335 Registered Member

What do you recommend to drop them? Who makes the extended front shackle that is at least 1" longer.I run OFD's front shackle on my 86 but I don't think they make a longer one.Is tying one front spring hanger to the other while dropping it make it much stronger? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif