Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front DRW to SRW on late 90s Chevy...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Mar 12, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I am looking to get a truck from my cousin, its a crew cab 3500 dually. I really want a crew cab(or at least extended cab), but Dually just isn't for me. Sure for towing it would be sweet, but I don't tow enough to justify the size of the truck, and in my area of PA it really matters. Back woods roads are tight in a SRW Full Size, let alone a dually, and some of the streets in town are the same.

So anyway, my wonder is, how hard would converting the front end of a late 90s K3500 to SRW setup be? I'm hoping/guessing, it is as simple as changing rotor setups, but I'm betting thats incorrect. The rear conversion doesn't worry me at all, just what to do with the front end. Eventually I'd like to turn it into a SRW short bed rig.

And if you ask why, because I haven't found a truck yet that fits what I want and if I get the truck from my cousin, it would be at a steal, since it needs an engine.

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Well from what I can find, the front wheel hubs are the same and the rotors are different...

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

2wd just swap hub/rotors over.

4wd remove the bolt on hub adaptor unit and install reg rims.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

sweet, good to know, thanks. Know of another dually nearby. They want a bit too much though. Maybe I can bring the price down with a trip from their lot to my work and meeting with a lift and a real look see.