Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front DS clearance for atlas w/ 700R4

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Art'74, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Art'74

Art'74 1/2 ton status

Dec 21, 2004
    I have been test fitting my atlas on my 700R4 that is behind a 454. I am concerned about how far I will have to clock the atlas to miss the 700R4 pan to get to the front 60. Like everyone, I am trying to keep everything above the frame rails or as close as possible.

Has anyone done this? I would really appreciate driveshaft info. and of course, everything is better with pictures.

Please share if you have this set up or a set up close to this scenario.

Thanks. Art
  2. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Jun 22, 2000
    The front shaft clearance has not been much of an issue, but the extreme angle is.

I ordered my Atlas with the flat clocking option. This was a mistake on my part. The pictures below show the Atlas clock down as far as possible.

I had to shorten my existing HAD 1350 3-4" to work with the shorter Atlas setup. The first trip out I busted the 1350 CV. The pan did need to be trimmed to make the CV work with the 700R4.

I am now running an Tom Woods 1350 Superflex Ujoint that has worked OK, but I get a lot of vibration which I was warned about.