Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front end allignment?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigCountryx, Sep 24, 2005.

1. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

You guys that DD your trucks, do you take it somewhere to get an allignment or do you do it yourself? We set caster w/ shackles or shims, and camber is what it is as far as I know. The only thing left for adjustment is Toe, and draglink to straighten your wheel, correct? Seems dumb to spend the money for someone to adjust that for me after the lift, except that I don't know the best procedure to set toe. I'm sure someone on here could help. :D

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Im a little curious to know too. Most all the shops around me use a laser alignment system. And everyone of them pushes 4-wheel allignments. Apparently they "have to" check the rear to make sure theyre alligned. Ive got into many arguments about that, and I finally got a strait answer. I will probably get the tires professionally alligned, cause I dont want to eat the tires up. Just 1* missallignment can cause havoc. I dont think I have any tools that could be that precise.