Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front end conversion/update for older model blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Apr 4, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

im thinking of doing the front end conversion to my blazer to update it to the 80's dual headlite look. but i need more info than what is provided in the tech section. id also like some comments from individuals who have done this process. is it cost effective ? most pieces i will pick up from the scrap yard but the fenders. will the floor bright switch still work after the front end wiring conversion ? will the older style wiper motor still work with linkage conversion ? most of the actual work ill probabley have a body shop do, will this be expensive and labor intensive ? once again all comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I guess it's only cost effective if you really want the newer look. It's really hard to say what is cost effective. I did the swap myself and spent less than $200 and that is with new fiberglass fenders. All the electrcal still works just like now...lights, wipers etc. The tech article is really complete with all the part numbers etc. If you don't have the skills or desire to do it yourself, be ready to pay the going hourly rate at a body shop.

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I guess it's only cost effective if you really want the newer look. It's really hard to say what is cost effective. I did the swap myself and spent less than $200 and that is with new fiberglass fenders. All the electrcal still works just like now...lights, wipers etc. The tech article is really complete with all the part numbers etc. If you don't have the skills or desire to do it yourself, be ready to pay the going hourly rate at a body shop. I have some pics of mine on my site.