Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front end GURU'S

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Oct 13, 2002.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Front end GURU\'S

Ok here is the deal..
    I just ditched the sway bar tonight /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifand in the process I was pushing on the front side ot the blazer and I heard a popping sound and could see the hub moving a little like the rim was loose /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif...So I took the hub apart and then tightened it back up and put it all back together and went for a ride and now it pulls to the left when I brake /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif...WTH..mike

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Re: Front end GURU\'S

ttt /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Which hub did you tighten up?

4. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

maybe its to tight /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

COUld you give us a better description of what was moving? First of all, what were you "pushing on"? The bumper? Or something in the supension?

Are you sure the play in the front wheel isn't ball joints/tie-rods? When the last time you re-packed your bearings? It sounds to me like you overtightened your front hub......

6. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I tightend the passenger side hub and it was finger tight when I rechecked it so I tightened it up but not to tight and when I went to work this morning it was ok not pulling....??? oh well

Thanks for the help anyway... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif