Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front end is retarted...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82K5_6.5L, Apr 21, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

wow..well awhile back i got a suspension lift..i had the front springs arched to 3 1/2" well it turns out they were only 3",so i took it back and made it 3 1/2" again..it was all level and nice and then went out 4wheeling about 2 weeks ago and the front sags down a little..it drives me crazy..so what im gonna do is get some 4" rancho springs and new blocks for the back for now..insted of 3 1/2".. anybody know y it would sag down so fast?

2. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

At a guess, I'd say you de-arched them. All arching is is bending the spring more, to give it a higher arch. Since the weight of your truck is constantly reversing that, and since metal "wears out" after a while, I suspect the fatigued metal in your front springs can no longer hold its "shape" anymore, especially when subjected to severe usage like off-roading.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

That's the crappy part of re-arching springs, sure it's cheap but the new arch won't last long ESPECIALLY if you take it wheelin'. I believe the Rancho lift springs should last a long time without sagging...

4. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

is just a 1/2"

5. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

yea its like 1/2" down in the front or less..but it drives me nuts..i hate it!! not to sound all mean or anything, i see other blazers and they are level..mine isnt
    u know?

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Different springs and different properties, spring rates and leaf thickness and such. Rearching springs is usually an exercise in futility and buying new springs is the way to go.

7. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

dont fret i have around 6 1/2 - 8 inches in the back and 6 or 7 in the front. The back is higher than the front by 1/2" maybe. some toher trucks the front is higher by an inch , some are level. Just get new springs if it bothers you that much.