Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front End Noise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by taterblazer, Feb 3, 2001.

1. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Couple of days ago when I would slow down or start up from a stop in town a clunking sound would come from the front of the vehicle. I could actually feel it through the vehicle. 88 Blazer. It stoped after I engaged 4wd then disengaged it. Any ideas?

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Do you have auto hubs. From what I have heard they can and will engage on there own for no reason.And disengage for no reason. I have them to, but mine have not done that yet. I did go out and buy warn hubs for it. I just haven't put them on yet and probably won't untill I have a problem..

Become one with nature.............Then marinate it..

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Check your crossmember bolts.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Also, check all your u-joints in all the driveshafts. I had a short bed truck once, and it had u-joint problems ALL THE TIME. Reason was the angle of driveshaft on the 4 inch lift I had it on. I changed a rear u-joint approx. every month. This sucked.

5. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Umm, what's a crossmember..

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Its the metal bracket that holds up the tranny and t-case combo. Its bolted to the bottom of the frame. Four bolts hold it. These have been known to work loose sometimes.