Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front end rebuild

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by myklnglo87K5, Sep 1, 2002.

1. myklnglo87K5

myklnglo87K5 Registered Member

I wrecked my '87 K5 a few weeks back and asked about upgrading to an '88-'91 grille. Well I won't be upgrading but rather going a few years retro. I was lucky enough to find an entire front clip from an '84 Silverado pickup(fenders, hood, radiator support and grille). I got it from a guy who works at an auto dealer for $450.00, which I hope was a deal; seems to be when I added up the cost of catalogue parts and shipping. I was also surprised when he showed me that the entire clip could come off in one piece! Eight fender bolts and two radiator support bolts plus any connected hoses and wires. Sure will save time slapping the beast back together. Just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone was interested.

2. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

it makes it so much easier when it all goes on in one piece. it is just to bad you couldn't get the newer front end but that probably would have cost you alot more mine cost me $750 and i still had to get a new hood b/c the one that came with it had hail damage that i didn't notice until i got it clean.