Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front end rebuild

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by myklnglo87K5, Sep 12, 2002.

1. myklnglo87K5

myklnglo87K5 Registered Member

Well I finally got the '84 front clip onto my '87 K5.
    Most everything was a straight swap. Had to drill a few holes to install my fenderwell mounted radiator overflow, and the windsheild washer fluid reservoir mounts are narrower than mine, but one bolt will hold it till I rig up a bracket. I have a few alignment problems I hope to fix with shims. One thing weird is that the hood seems to be slightly smaller front to back, but I guess I can live with a bigger gap between it and the cowl. I also have problems getting the hood to align right but perhaps some fooling around with the hinges will even things out a bit. A couple of good things that came of this swap is a goodbye to the aluminum running boards and a hello to a new Smittybuilt front tube bumper that to my surprise wraps around to protect the side marker lights. Now all I need to do is get the beast painted after all the preliminary dent. hole and scratch fixes. I also have a few extra parts I think I can sell.