Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front end replacement, '82 front end on a '79 blazer, Will it work

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chevy Duty, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Chevy Duty

Chevy Duty Registered Member

Front end replacement, \'82 front end on a \'79 blazer, Will it work

Okay, Im crazy, but the local junk yard has tons and tons of 82-85 blazer parts, and absolutely no parts for a round-line '79 blazer. To put a new stile front end is there alot of work or will it fit no-problem. BTW its a whole front end, grille, hood, fenders, and bumper (Also, I am on a naval station on an island and its kinda hard to look anywhere else. the body I already have on is too bent up and rusty so I figure making a newer front end fit would be less work than getting the body already on repaired)...

2. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Re: Front end replacement, \'82 front end on a \'79 blazer, Will it work

Man it's alot more work than just swapping parts.Besides all that you mentioned, you will also need the wiper assembly,cut off the front frame horns,wire the headlts(maybe not if you have the single lights on the newer frt. clip),be sur and get the inner wheelwells,battery tray,and then it's a bolt in!I did it 6 months ago and I still have'nt installed the newer wipers and windshield cowl.Good thing cause I'm going to an 'glass lo-profile pre-81 hood and will modify(cut!) to make it all work.It is worth it if you like the newer front clip,but it is an all day job.Mike