Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front End Stuff

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by istallion88k5, Oct 26, 2000.

1. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

Ok, almost all my s*** in the font of my Blazer needs replaced, wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rods. Anyone know exactly what all should be replaced when doing this, i.e. something I missed?

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

The grease seal behind the rotor, the ones behind the spindle (there are two there on the axle), if you are replacing the bearings, change the races. If they are leaking, the axle seals inside the axle tube (these are not easy). If the tie rods don't come with new dust boots, you'll need them because your gonna tear up the old ones.

3. tom

tom 1/2 ton status

If you are going to replace the upper ball joints, consider getting the ones with the grease fitting on outside edge. If the fitting is in the center, you can't get at it after the axles are put in.

4. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

Man AutoZone is going to love me by the time I am done with this, I took it to a shop to get it estimated a month ago and they said 600, so I am doing it myself, anything special to get the hubs and stuff off to replace all this stuff?

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!