Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front end/wheel

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by txguy, Feb 10, 2002.

1. txguy

txguy 1/2 ton status

Guys, I have a general idea of how to do this... Mainly curious how long it has taken people to do this. I have a leaking front seal in my pass. side wheel. I need to pull the wheel, etc... and change the bearings and seal. How long will it take to do that since I need to pull the shaft out, and all that is required for that part of the project. Anyone?

85 Jimmy, 10 bolt.

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

With all the general farting around and going back to the store misc. stuff.......first time took me about 3 hrs. Avg.time now 1.5 hrs.......havent had the privledge to do it on a trail yet.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/thatguydrew23>http://community.webshots.com/user/thatguydrew23</a>
    "JEEP....SO GIRLY, BARBIE HAD TO HAVE IT"

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well 1.5 hours per side with hand tools taking your time sounds about right.
    Now with the age of your truck you might want to go ahead and replace the ball joints. Most of the same work so might as well knock it out in one shot.
    NAPA has good DANA seals. take them out of the box and make sure they say "MADE IN USA" on them. The china, Japanese, indonesia seals are JUNK. make sure you get USA and they will last a lot longer.
    Also if you have a lot of wear on the shaft where the seal rides you don't have to hammer the seal in quite as deep and that will get it on a better surface.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper