Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front half of two piece dshaft for crew cab with 465 and fixed yoke 205

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by BlueBlazer, Nov 30, 2004.

1. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Anybody have one of these sitting around? Thanks.

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

1981 1-ton 4x4 Crew Cab with a 465/205 fixed yoke.

Yep. I have the whole driveline. The truck (seen in pic in signature) is currently on blocks and isn't running (awaiting the rest of the 12" lift, 44's, a 468 motor, 5spd, and a divorced 205)... so I will not be using the original driveline.

But, it's up in the shop in Ione, Wa. And I'm really pathetic when it comes to shipping anything. But if you're not in a hurry, I do have one.

3. BlueBlazer

I am in kind of a hurry, I would like to get it back on the road before we have another big snowfall. Would it be possible for you to get a measurement today or tomorrow from the ujoint to the end of the splines on the back end of the shaft? Thanks.

4. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

If the one from mtn explorer doesn't work, I think I have one out of my parts truck still that was a 79 crew cab dually w/ a 4spd/205

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Allan's shop in Ione is about 90 miles north of where he lives so your probably not going to get any measurements quickly as it would cost him about $75-100 just to drive up there to check /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

6. BlueBlazer

I see, I had no idea it was that far away from him /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BlueBlazer

How much would you want for it with shipping? Can you measure from ujoint to the end of the splines and also from the ujoint to the carrier bearing? Thanks in advance!

8. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Yeah, its a ways away. But I'll be headed up that way in the next couple days to grab my snowplow. I'll try and get a measurement while I'm there just in case you need it. (my memory is of a 109 year olds... so I have to write my tasks on lists, which I forget to bring also).

But I'm sure Poohbair's will be what you need too, and I'll bet ya he'd be more timely in getting it to ya.

9. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I will try to remember to measure it when I get home from work tonight... send me a PM to remind me!!!

10. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Do you need just the yoke portion? If so, what spline and what u-joint are you looking for? I have several that are basically brand new from my indecisive days of having shafts built... PM me with info.

11. BlueBlazer

I either need the whole shaft that is from the application listed above or I need to lengthen the shaft which I do not want to do unless I have to. Thanks.

12. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

This is what I have...let me know if this is what you need.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kinda hard to read the tape numbers... starts at 1 on the one end /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif, center of that yoke is about 5, and the other end is 50.

13. BlueBlazer

Hey, I really appreciate you goin the extra mile with pics and all, but that is different than my setup. Something must have changed between the 70s and my 82 because the front shaft has the joint on one end and external splines on the other that the carrier bearing rides on and the rear shaft slips over, thanks anyway though.

14. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

yeah, no prob on the pics... i really have no idea how this setup works because I didn't take it out...