Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front hubs to flange change

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eagle mark, Feb 15, 2006.

1. eagle mark

eagle mark 1/2 ton status

Nov 18, 2004
    I have a 87 Chevy 3/4 ton front end with Hummer wheels I'm usueing in my Scout II. It works well to keep the width down but leaves the hubs sticking out dangerously trying to grab a rock etc... I may be on a trailer here soon so I thought about removing the hubs for full time flanges.

Does anyone have a picture of the flange and how it is installed. Do I need a differant rotor? Do I need a differant axle? How hard/much time would it take to remove one, if an axle broke, to get back?

It's either that or make a big hub protecter... carry spare hubs...
  2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Feb 24, 2000
    If you have an '87 3/4 ton front than I'm assuming it has the regular internal style hubs. You should be able to simply remove the locking hubs and install the appropriate drive flanges, no other parts need changed.

I don't think anybody makes an aftermarket drive flange for a 3/4 ton front (10-bolt or Dana 44) so you would be limited to a stock type flange that was available on all of the earlier (mid to late 70's) fulltime 4x4 trucks with internal style hubs. The cap is just a push-on style which could be easily dented or knocked off, but it is not attached to the actual drive flange.....the cap is only there to seal off the hub.