Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front leaf springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nipomok5, May 30, 2002.

1. nipomok5

nipomok5 Newbie

I have an 84 blazer. my front leafs are flat. they need to be changed. should I get some from the junk yard. or should I put a twon inch lift. I do mostly dunes. I really don't want to lift it. what do you think?

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Hey homey, I think that you posted in the wrong forum. But to answer your question, your front leaves are supposed to be flat (from the factory) mine were even inverted when it was stock. Any of the ones that you could get from our local yards (sheridan road (?) in nipas or black road in S.M.) would be no better than the ones that you have now. If you want to lift it, go with at least 4'' or you will kick yourself in the @$$ for not doing it. Then again 4'' lift requires more parts (steering arm, longer shocks, brakelines...) where with the 2'', you could get away with your stock steering setup and maybe (but I wouldn't recommend it) stock shocks. Another route you could take would be to use some add-a-leaves. They will give you roughly 2'' of lift and are about $50. I can probably get a hold of some stock front leaves out of a K10 (same as K5 springs) if you want 'em. Check out these AAL for your truck: www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=189584&BQ=jcw2