Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front lift done (pics)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sarasotausmc, Mar 25, 2006.

1. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Front end lift is done. Went with the rough country 4" springs and Rancho shocks (only ones in town I could get today). Going on a month long trip on Monday, but by the time I get back my ORD shackle flips should be here, plus the money for the 35's. You guys that suggested I take the sway bar out, you were right. Thanks for the advice on earlier posts.

Stock
    DSC00083.JPG

Sitting flat
    DSC00020.JPG

Stance when done (hopefully)
    DSC00022.JPG

DSC00083.JPG

DSC00020.JPG

DSC00022.JPG

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

ive got pics like that of my truck too... Cool though man!

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

told ya:D are you driving it around like that? i think id die laughing if i saw that:D looking good so far man!

4. sarasotausmc

No went down the street, got the looks. Gotta drive the girl truck tomorrow, then off to AZ for a month. Rest of the lift will be here by then, and Gotlabs is going to surprise me and have it done by the time I get back (right?)

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

where abouts in nc are you? i got a buddy that lives in the traingle and my uncle lives in burlington.

6. sarasotausmc

In Jacksonville, on the coast. Same place as Camp LeJeune. I sent you a stupid question PM.

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

and replied:D i was out in new bern and okarcoake island for 4th of july this past summer. had to drive back through camp LeJeune

8. sarasotausmc

Okracoke is awesome. If you ever make it out that way again, take the ferry down the outer banks. Lot of beach driving on that island and Hatteras.

9. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

Guadalcanal

I shipped out of Norfolk, Va. many many moons ago. The ship was a converted WW2 aircraft carrier. Are you stationed on the Sarasota?
    Did you ever hear of Camp Gieger?
    Nice to hear young men are still going in the Corps--
    Semper Fi
    Your truck looks good even better when Gotlabs does the shackle flip for you!!

What duty is in Arizona?

10. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

My buddys rich aunt and uncle paid for the trip so i wasnt asking any queastions. their daughter, her friends (all girls and just me and him) so it was aus 2 in one hotel room, all the girl in the other (with a door that connected both) alot of alcochol and well i think you can figure out the rest.:wink1: man that was a good time. i pulled 4-5 jeeps out off the beach. hope fully i can do it again this year. if the trucks not ready than it will have to be in 2007.

11. sarasotausmc

Jaros, I was a recruiter in Sarasota a few years ago, the email address stuck. Geiger is still here. Went to SNCO academy in 97 I think.

79K20, let us know if you head out that way. It's not too far from here, but the ferry ride is 2 1/2 hours long from Cedar Point to Okracoke. I like to take the son out there a couple times each summer. Sure I can get a few other guys from here to go too. Sounds like a decent meet and greet with fire and beer opportunities, and not a lot of broken stuff.

12. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

Zulu

We were out there for the rifle range, qualified expert. I remember marching up the hill every morning to the mess hall. I can't believe Gieger is still there, it was an antique back then!!!
    Is the town of Jacksonville still there?