Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front lift ideas anyone?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89K5guy, Mar 4, 2006.

1. 89K5guy

89K5guy 1/2 ton status

Hey folks! I just put a pair of brand new rear springs on my blazer.These came from superlift's scratch and dent store.They have a 2 1/2" lift.The stock springs were worn out and the blazer had major sagging issues.Now the rear end sits just where i want it but a little higher than the front,more than i like.
    What would be a cost effective way to increase the front heigth? I have seen shackle lifts for the front for around $50.Any suggestions would be helpful.:bow: I really want to keep the stock front springs since it rides so well.Right now this thing is my daily driver so offroading is unfortunately not in the budget.
    P.S. It has the 3 leaf heavy duty front springs with the quad shocks from factory.

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Zero-rate

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

As said 0 rates. They will give 1". Better way to lift than longer shackles.
    Or an add a leaf in the front will raise it 2"
    0 rates wont change your spring rate or ride.
    The add a leaf will make it a bit stiffer.
    Tuff Country makes front add a leafs for around $65 pair that ride pretty good.

4. G-Force8

G-Force8 1/2 ton status

www.offroaddesign.com

ORD makes 1" zero rate "add-a-leaves" for $40 a pair ( one for each side ). they're easy to install and should level you out, tho the rear may possibly be just a hair higher than the front, but I doubt it. Blazers and burbs usually need 1.5-2" in the rear to level out the sag. With 2.5" in the rear with 1" zero-rates up front you should be level.

these will not alter the ride of your truck, which is a plus. But you might wanna score some new shocks all around. I reccommend Rancho RS9000's. They're a little high, but well worth the $$.

5. 89K5guy

89K5guy 1/2 ton status

Thanx for the info everyone.It looks like the zero rates will do the job so now i will order them along with new u-bolts.:D

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Remember that your springs may give a little after they are broken in. I would just leave it alone for a couple months and see what happens back there.