Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front lift spring width

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Big'nBadK5, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Big'nBadK5

Big'nBadK5 Registered Member

i am smack in the middle of putting in a 4 inch set for front springs and it just occured to me that the stock springs are about a half inch wider then the lift springs? is this a common thing? and how do i fix it. i was thinking about stacking some washers on wither side to make up the difference. thanks in advance.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

While stock springs may flare out to around 3" wide, its nothing to be concerned about since all aftermarket lift springs for GM's are 2.5" wide. The fronts will match the rear springs at the same width, too. Just fasten everything together and don't worry about it. 99.9% of the guys here did the same thing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

I ran into the same problem with my Skyjacker springs. There was a lot of slop in the front spring hanger. I have seen other rigs with thicker bushing on the front hanger. The thicker bushings make up for that extra 1/2 inch. Does anyone know who makes these? Part number?