Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front locker

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by snowtoy, Jun 19, 2001.

1. snowtoy

snowtoy Registered Member

I have read about automatic lockers, can jo go highway with them installed in front?

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

If you unlock the hubs, no problem, if you leave them locked it will drive very differently, i had to pull my rear shaft and move the truck, with a front locker, so i locked the hubs, engaged the T-case and a few moments later was thinking, this sucks, i hope i never have to do this again. But with the hubs unlocked it'll drive like a normal car.

RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"

3. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

i have detroit locker in the rear and an e-z locker up front and like Raisedk5 said as long as you dont lock the hubs you'll have no prob. i drive my jimmy about 80 miles a day mostly highway

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jimjim.coloradok5.com>http://jimjim.coloradok5.com</A> Not all Hispanics drive lowriders

4. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Hey Leland,
    Next time try just locking in one hub if you only have to move the truck a short distance. It's a little easier.

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]

5. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Hey Keith, i tried that, it was like driving a clown car, i'd hit the gas it would go left, let off the gas and i'm almost hitting parked cars on the right, it was pretty funny, i thought i'd get pulled over for being drunk at 10:30 in the morning, what seems to be the trouble officer? Although the explanation would probably be one a cop hadn't heard before, at least around here!

RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"

6. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Yea, I want to see you explain that one. HaHaHa [​IMG].

How ya doing bro? SOS here.

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]

7. snowtoy

snowtoy Registered Member

What about winter driving?

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

So, if I put a front locker in, no more driving with the front hubs locked in? Oh well, I can live with that. What about steering in the mud? Would it steer alright? I'm seriously considering a Lock-Right before the 4x4 show around here.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

9. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Well here are my thoughts on frt lockers... one I'd really wouldn't suggest it if you want to drive on the street locked in. Steering was a PIA in my old F#@D Bronco when it had the Lockright up front. Plus another thing to look at is I'd strongly recommend some stronger axleshafts and frt end parts... stock stuff on the 10B's and D44's is gonna break. Almost guarenteed. Get a D60 and you'll have a whole lot less to worry about IMO.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>