Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front locker

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Wally81k5, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

anyone know how to tell the difference between and front and rear gov-lok carrier? Thumper has one sitting in his garage and if it's a front it will be sitting in my 10 bolt, so if anyone knows how to identify?! lemme know,

also is there a carrier break in 10 bolt fronts? If so what is it?

2. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

No carrier break for a 10 bolt axle. I am pretty sure there is no such thing as a front gov-lock but, I think a gov-lock will fit in the front. I don't think I would do it though.You'll lose more by making it weaker, than gain by some what locking it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info, i realize they are weak, but i have all terrains and don't really come on to it hard. I will have to be carful, but i think that the traction will be worth it.

thanks dude

any second opinions?

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Govlocks will work in either front or rear. The carrier is the same from what I understand. The carrier break for 10 bolts is 2.73 I believe. With that said

I don't know if I would put a govlock in an axle. I broke my govlock with 32" BFG AT's and a stock 350. It was a rear application though. The front won't see as much stress as the rear but I wouldn't personally put something that prone to breakage in my truck on purpose. I would save up and spend the money to get a lockright.