Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front lockers and limited slip differentials, can anyone give me some info on these things?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JustinMascho, May 14, 2000.

1. JustinMascho

JustinMascho Newbie

one of my friends told me i should get front lockers and a rear limited slip differential for my 1984 K5 blazer, does anyone know how much this would cost and how i would go about getting these things? any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Well, most people do the oppisite, put a locker in the rear and a limited slip up front. I have lockers front and rear. I dont have the Full Time 4wd, but a part time, so I unlock the hubs and have no driving quirks with the front locker. They run anywhere from 250 bucks to 800 bucks depending on whay axles you have and what products you buy.

I would suggest reading some of the old posts on lockers or posi units, and reading all the old 4x4 mags you can get your hands on.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>