Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Output Seal on 203?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dawson444, Jan 28, 2002.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Jul 5, 2000
    The front output on my 203 is leaking, how hard is it to replace the seal? Is it just like replacing the rear output seal on my 208? Also where is the vent tube for the 203 located?Thanks!

Raleigh, NC

88 K5, 6" lift, 36" TSL Radials, 14 Bolt, Rancho 9012s
  2. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

May 29, 2001
    I just changed mine about a month ago. It's pretty easy. I bought a seal puller from Harbor Freight for the job but it broke half way through the process. I would suggest getting a quality tool from somewhere else. I have changed the pinion seal on my 44 and it was the same thing. One hint would be to put some Permatex around the outter edge of the new seal. Make sure you seat it all the way around flush. It will let you know when it's there. As for the breather tube. It's located on the top of the rear output. The smooth area of the case. It's about an 1/8 hole. Mine was gone so I ended up threading a brass lamp fitting (hollow threaded tube) into the case and put a bead of silicone around it. Then clamped a tube to it. I have heard of tapping the hole and threading in a plumbers hose barb. I couldn't get a tap up in there so I did an alternative fix. Hope this helps.

If you don't all ready have it, get a narrow needle grease gun attachment so you can grease the cv centering yoke (inside the cv), oh, and the other 2 u-joints of course.

<a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s6superliftand33s.msnw?albumlist=2>http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s6superliftand33s.msnw?albumlist=2</a>
    76K5 6" with 33s, sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12bolt