Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front output swap on a 205

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1HighK5, Jan 5, 2007.

1. 1HighK5

1HighK5 1/2 ton status

Hey everyone I'm looking to up grade my NP 205 front output from 10 spline to 30 spline with that flat flange. I know that the 32 spline front output swap means you gotta get the case machined for the bigger bering. But do you also have to do that to use the later style GM 30 spline front output in place of the old 10 spline or can you just swap it in. Any info would be good all i could find was info on the 32 spline swap. Thanks

2. onetonbb74

onetonbb74 1/2 ton status

the 32 spline bore thing has to do with the input from the transmission, not the output shaft on the front output. I belive that all 3 size front outputs fit in the np 205 all you need is a special seal/bearing for the correct output shaft. Btw, the 10 spline is course and is the flat plate style. The 30 spline is the yoke style. The 32 spline is the ford and dodge hd style, not factory on gm trucks. If you have 10 now, go to 32 spline, the shaft diameter is largest, and the same effort is involved. I believe the 10 spline is the only one that has the flat plate from the factory (dont quote me on that, ive just never seen a 30 spline plate for a front output).

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You have it backwards. The 10 spline is the yoke style and the 30 and 32 spline are a flange style.

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

You can get a 1350 yoke for a 32 spline output, and like one ton said you don't have to machine the case for a different diameter bearing, just pull the retainer off change the seal, and input, its easy.