Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front pinion angle options???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by reeser, Dec 6, 2003.

1. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

i need to shim my front end to give my new 1350 joint on my dana 60 a better operating angle. however i have a problem my tuck only has 2.7 degrees of positive caster so shimming the front end will kill my caster. i heard that i can put new bearings in my front end to adjust my caster is this true? what are my other options??? thanks.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Your transmission is twice as long as mine and you've got front shaft angle issues?

3. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

you could have the knuckles turned but that may be a little $$$ or you could instal a dubbler so you can use a longer drive shaft. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Earl

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

just go 1410 in front, it can handle a greater amount of angle than the 1350. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

5. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Your transmission is twice as long as mine and you've got front shaft angle issues?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya go figure and i only have 6" of lift plus a 1" drop on the t case. talk about pissin me off!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

6. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    or you could instal a dubbler so you can use a longer drive shaft. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Earl

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm seriously thinking about it, great excuse i guess. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    just go 1410 in front, it can handle a greater amount of angle than the 1350. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

i've heard that but i didn't know if there was any truth to it. i have a 1410 yoke off a 70 it should make the swap. i think thats what i might do.

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya go figure and i only have 6" of lift plus a 1" drop on the t case. talk about pissin me off!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise your transfer case back up! That's why your front shaft angle sucks so bad.

Where is it binding?

9. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise your transfer case back up! That's why your front shaft angle sucks so bad.

Where is it binding?

[/ QUOTE ]

say whaaaaaa????????????? it's binding at the yoke on the dana 60. lowering the t case improves the angle and helps fight binding. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif