Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Pinion Angle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K10, Dec 2, 2001.

1. K10

K10 Registered Member

Does anyone know what the pinion angle should be for a 10 Bolt GM axle. I am using extended shackles and would like to get the pinion angle and castor back to factory specs.

<a target="_blank" href=http://nick.rockcrawler.com>nick.rockcrawler.com</a>

2. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

so what you are asking for is the caster angle as they are one and the same (i mean related)
    how much does a local alignment shop charge to measure it up
    as i dont have a 10bolt to look at I am unsure if there is a machined surface on th knuckle that would accept the angle guage, a dana 60 would be easy to check as the top of the knuckle is flat. so if you want to check the knuckle position relative to the pinion you take a reading from the machined top of the knuckle and a reading from the machine dif cover surface and compare the 2

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 77chev on 12/02/01 12:24 PM.</FONT></P>