Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Quad shocks for a `86 .How to tell Short and Long?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rekvehicle, May 16, 2003.

1. rekvehicle

rekvehicle Registered Member

How do you tell if they are the Long or the Short style?The parts House is asking for this info.I don`t have a clue .I am just putting Gabriels on it.Stock suspension and wheels.I already have 2 new Gabriels on the rear and want to keep it uniform.TIA, RV

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Just my opinion, which you didn't ask for, just get matching Gabriel shocks for a single front shock setup. It's not worth the cost for the quad shocks. I need to switch back to singles and see if I like it any better. The quad shock setup is kinda hokey.

3. rekvehicle

rekvehicle Registered Member

I plan on mounting a custom bumper and winch.Everything I`ve read suggests keeping the Quad setup for it.Just a question.

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

the short shocks are the more angled ones.. if i understand the question correctly.. at least on my 86 they are... singles are mo betta... flexy flexy.. and will probably ride better..

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

If you have the 6.2 Litre Diesel you better keep them itll wear out the single shocks way faster without them due to the extra weight.