Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

front quad shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rjfguitar, Jul 28, 2003.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My k5 came factory with the quad shock package but I can't figure out how to bolt on the second shock at the axle. I have 2 mounts on the frame but I can't remember how it was set up at the axle when the suspension was stock.I've heard to use a bolt long enough to go through both shocks and through the shock mount at the axle. I've also heard that there is a brace that raps around the axle tub that holds the second shock but I don't think thats right. Kind of confused. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif thanks.

85k5 3/4ton,14bolt,10bolt,9"lift,35"boggers,16.5x14welds,big horse406SBC/700r4 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The front (longer shock) goes outside the mount on the axle, and the rear (short one) goes inside the mount. They are both held on by one long bolt.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

And I wouldn't use a replacement bolt that is threaded in the section that the bolt rides on.

Not because it might tear up the rubber bushing in the shock, but because the bolt will be weaker where it's threaded. My stock setup's bolt is bent from the load that outer shock puts on it.