Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front Rear-Leaf spring hangers....

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by PhoenixZorn, Apr 27, 2005.

1. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I need a set of these from a 2 wheel drive truck... I'm willing to pay $40.00 including shipping for the pair, they must be solid, but I don't care about surface rust... I want to do a shackle flip, and I can't find any of these things locally, or the yard I go to wants to charge me the same as LMC for a new set...

here's what I need...
    [​IMG]

Thanks gravdigr, for the use of your picture. =)

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I heard you could still get them from the dealer for about $20 each....

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i have a spare frame sitting around that has hangers like that... not sure if $40 (prolly cost $30 to ship) would be worth it though. Better to find someone close so you dont have to mess with shipping.

j

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I know for a fact that it will cost more than $40 by the time you get them off and pay for shipping. Last set I shipped to texas cost near $30 to ship plus the gas from my torch to cut them off of the frame. I didnt even get into grinding the rivets off.

Pretty heavy items. UPS ground for 36# from here in WA to MN (used my kids zip code to check) would cost over $32.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah you may as well go with dealer or LMC if theyre around 40 cuz even if someone has them around here i dont think anyone will do it plus mail for less than around that much anyways

i just had an 86 shortbed i junked i could have taken these from i had it for like 6 months sitting couldnt get anyone to take anything from it and its bene shredded already, since about a week ago

you shoudl be able to find a dead 2wd for around 50 or 100 sitting in someoens backyard or something, just look and ask around, all the mechanics in town and junk guys and such, the junk guys wont give that much for something to junk but they will know of them, someone will know of something for sure
    then youll have a bunch of other good parts too :D

good luck

6. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replies guys... I'll check with the local Cheby dealership here in town and see what I can come up with... there's also a farm-lookin lot on my way home with like 10 trucks sitting there... I'll bet I could pick up a D60, 14BFF, spring hangers, and hell, while I'm at it, might as well take one of his front tube bumpers too... lol

7. 1K_yd_Shooter

1K_yd_Shooter Registered Member

I was looking for a pair of these last month,called all my local dealers.They all told me they are a discontinued part.
    Good luck.
    Dennis