Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Front/Rear shock extentions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by keith, Mar 15, 2000.

1. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Looking to extend my shocks for more travel. were do I get the extensions? It should be pretty easy!! Or is it.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Check with Depdog he made his own. Nobody sales them for K5's.
    Corey 78K5

3. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Well, like the saying goes. IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME... LOL. Well, anyhow. I can send you pics of the ones I built. Basically I took some flat 1/4" thick plate and bent it at an angle so that when it was welded to the frame, the bolt (used a stock rear shock mounting bolt, the kind that bolts through your frame) would be at the same angle that it was at in the stock location. I put a bolt through the bottom and raised the shock to see how high I could go. Had more room on the drivers side, but made them both the same size, the passenger side was limited by the air conditioning box. Anyhow, after getting that part bent at the right angle, I added plate on both sides for strength and welded it to the frame. Then I boxed the frame where I mounted the shock mounts. I use the same shocks front and rear on mine. After putting it on the ramp. I would like to be able to make them about an inch higher, but I will figure something out on the bottom to do the same.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>